Information We May Collect
We collect two main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services: (1) information from or about you or your devices and (2) ) information from or about your Sun energy products. Depending on the SUN products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable to you.
From or about you or your devices
We may collect information from or about you (such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, payment information, driver’s license or other government identification information) or your devices in a variety of ways, including:
- Through our Digital Services: We may collect information from or about you through our websites, software applications, social media pages, e-mail messages, or other digital services (the “Digital Services”), e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or register your product with us.
- Through credit applications and other forms: We may collect additional information from you or others on your behalf on our credit application and other forms to support our product lease or other financing offerings, such as date of birth, Social Security number, bank routing information, and credit related information. We also receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies such as credit history and capacity.
- From other sources: We also may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, certified installers, third-party vehicle repair or service centers, and social media platforms.
- SUN Account: Customers who purchase certain SUN products will receive a SUN Account, which is hosted on our website. We may collect and process the following types of data for your SUN Account that you elect to provide to us: your customer registration information; the status of your order; warranty and other documentation for your SUN products; and general information about your SUN products (including, for example, vehicle identification number or other product serial number, service plan information, or connectivity package), insurance forms, driver’s licenses, financing agreements, and similar information. You can access your SUN Account to update the information from or about you in that account at any time.
- Offline: We may collect information from or about you offline, such as when you visit a SUN store or repair facility, attend one of our events, sign up for a test drive, place an order over the phone, or contact our customer service or sales department.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Digital Services (such as the SUN App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.